Saturday, June 27, 2009

A date with Cole

After a concentrated and busy work week in Springville -- where I sublet a room from Hannah and Canyon (my old condo) -- I was yearning for something fun to do. I had considered a road trip to Lakeland Colorado to see an AMA Motocross. I had purchased maps of the Paiute Trail, thinking motorcycle ride. Nothing was coming together, but then I heard that Cole was going to be in Southern Utah on Thursday!

I sneaked out of a meeting with the FAA on Thursday at noon, then headed South to see if, by chance, Cole could play. When I arrived in Santa Clara there he was! So, while Cole's Grandma went to book club and his parents did big people things, Cole and I went to work playing.
He first discovered the new/old cars and "people" I had pulled out of the storage room that Luke used to play with.
Then we put up the tent to see if it still worked.

Then he wondered if he could drive the go-kart. We spent the next hour cruising the neighborhood.
Once the sun went down we settled into "The Rescuers." It wasn't a long date, but it was "fun to do." Now I can stop yearning and move on to next week.