Sunday, June 14, 2009

Retro Touring Denver 1964


...Part of the summer of 1964 was spent in Denver where dad went to Denver University and worked on his Masters of Philosophy. The three boys participated in some sort of day camp. Each of us made friends – I have a picture of all six of us to prove it. One day on the sidewalk in front of the rented house we took turns jumping over a rope that two of us held. When it was my turn to jump Jeff and Linc lifted the rope so I tripped and fell on the sidewalk. The result was a trip to the emergency room with a broken arm. I was sure they lifted the rope to trip me but they vigorously denied it! Our stay in Denver was cut short; mom said that dad was not able to concentrate with all of us around. The drive back over the Rockies was eventful. Mom made us all take some brown pills given to her by a nurse to help with the drive. I’m not sure what they were supposed to help with, but before we reached Loveland Pass all boys had “tossed their cookies” both inside and outside the car...

1 comment:

Myrle Dalton said...

I'm just amazed I didn't lose mine. The trunk was filled with smelly towels after the ordeal that wafted through the car the rest of the way home.