Sunday, April 29, 2012

Life Can Be Scary


"It was during these early years that I was plagued with a reoccurring nightmare of a giant green, dinosaur-like serpent.  I had been enduring this for sometime (a week? a month?).  One day I determined that I would just take a knife and slay the beast and be done with it.  The next night, during the dream I did it.  And that was that.  I couldn’t abide scary movies – or the wicked witch of the west for that matter!  Life at night seemed like enough to handle.  One night I peered out my bedroom window to see if mom and dad were home by looking for the car in the driveway.  It wasn’t there so I went out and sat under the streetlight in the road until they came home.  On another occasion I did the same -- looked out for the car -- and once again it was not there.  This time I just went across the street knocked on the Campbell’s door and spent the night with them.  The next day I found out that mom and dad had been home -- the car had been at the mechanic’s shop."


Lost in Snow Canyon

1 comment:

Myrle Dalton said...

Interesting to hear from the 'child's point of view! I never could stand scary movies either, in fact, I still can't. You were such a special little boy...at times I get flashback of that sweet little boy. Luvmom