Friday, January 9, 2009

Charleston!

Oh the enginuity of those warriors. This early submarine was probably hard to manage. Who would go down in this?

Shauna is not one of the "Daughters of the Confederacy" but it does make one realize...


The city of Charleston is made in living history. I liked that about Savannah too. People live there and work there within the historical context. Who would have thought that so many (of today's) Southerners are so... hip.









Here we sit in the "The Lady & Sons." This was a hot spot in Savannah for Southern cooking (owned by Paula Deen). Fried Chicken, sweet potatos, collard greens, mac-n-cheese, black-eyed peas, grits, creamed corn, BBQ pork, sausage and rice, etc. I ate almost all of it, Hayley almost none.

It takes too long to upload pictures so I'll have to create an album later to look at pictures. After lunch in Savannah we headed to Charleston and enjoyed the wonders there.

4 comments:

El Frijol said...

Spanish moss, the Lady and Sons, and now you're in South Carolina? I don't know what to say. I'm jealous. Very, very jealous. Eat some bbq for me.

hanyon said...

He really is really really jealous.

Myrle Dalton said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I guess by now Hayley has left for school and you are winging it on your own. It looks like a great trip. check my blog. See you soon. Luvmom

stern mister serious said...

While you've been away, I've been playing bed games in your condo. Better you hear it from me than someone else.