Sunday, December 11, 2011

Touring -- Musing


Boys came over




2012. I am far from where I could have imagined I would be -- if I would have imagined it. Clarification -- imagining now how I would have imagined being at this date had I imagined it at all. But, the imaginations of youth are so… what? without the faithless wizened cynicism that only age can bring?


I saw myself standing on the small front lawn of a rambler-sized red brick house as happy and fulfilled as any man could be. It goes deeper than that but... you get the point. It was simple, it was fulfilled, it was the picture of a contentedly lived life.

2 comments:

Myrle Dalton said...

At 19 I imagined myself in a small white board house with a white picket fence, a green lawn and lots of big trees and little boys playing outside....me in an apron and my husband coming home and kissing me and playing with the boys and the two of us loving and growing old together. The yard becoming home to grandkids and greats! (at least the 'little boys' things came to reality.

Anyway, life is what it is supposed to be...filled with learning exeriences to strengthen my testimony of Jesus Christ and His mission and the hope of eternal life and family; with restrictions lifted as to how much I can learn and how much more quickly I can do so.

Daily life is sometimes burdensome and overwhelming, but it is not forever! All things change!

BBall said...

I enjoy your musings and imaginings.

Dissonance is pervasive in the lives of those with whom I mingle. Some are unhappy with where they find themselves, some are just surprised.
Coping with that dissonance takes all forms: convertibles, masters degrees, missions, anti-depressants, alcohol, divorce, suicide. Inefficient ways to close the gap between where we are and where we thought we would be.

Here's hoping you find that simple, fulfilled, contentedly lived life you imagined.

I'm guessing it's within you.