Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mo Melon Mini Indy 2011

2011: An Aerospace Odyssey.  A take from a similar themed movie that most could probably not relate to. Like many of my ideas -- too esoteric.  I re-watched the movie from 1968 (I saw it when it came out), and like other 60's movies, being on LSD, might have made it fantastic. 


The flight suits worn by the crew were almost identical to ours, but who would have known that?  Trying to help the uninitiated, I included pictures of the earth-to-space station shuttle (the Orion III) as well as the space station and the space ship they took to Jupiter.


But, this over-the-top Viking ship paint job (and matching Vikings) was understandable and understandably the winner.


But, in the end, the Viking ship was no match for the Orion on the track.

2 comments:

stern mister serious said...

As always, you guys look adorable with your matching outfits and tiny little cars. Probably one of the better parts of your job, whatever it is.

Myrle Dalton said...

Thanks for the photo's so now I know what I missed. It looks like it just gets better every year!