Sunday, March 6, 2011

Melon stays home

For the first time in a few weeks I was home on the week end.  Ambiguity took a break last Friday when I came home (Lehi) and found Hayley, Cole, Max, and, of course, Shauna.  While Shauna did all the heavy lifting with the boys, I did spend quite a bit of time playing -- including helping with the floor to ceiling duplo complex -- to Sunday evening.



This Renaissance year is having trouble getting kicked off.  It has the beginnings and makings but I'll need to be a little more conscious about keeping it on track.  That sounds a lot like taking control, and that may be part of it, but the other part has to be a little letting go as well.

I watched 2001: A Space Odyssey last night.  It was as cryptic as it was in 1968.  Most movies done in the 60's were like rock songs -- a little too long, too psychedelic, and maybe better with LSD.  I did find a great little video explanation of the movie and decided that you could watch it instead of the movie and be just as well off.  Cole snuggled up and was all ready to watch it with me and promptly fell asleep -- a better use of time.

1 comment:

stern mister serious said...

Was meaning to ask if you ended up watching the Odyssey. Good luck bringing it to life in 2011.