Thursday, September 24, 2009

Melone bereist Deutschland

Me in Munich in front of some elegant Munich edifice.
The Bradfords -- Dalton, Luc, Melissa, and Randall -- picked me up from the Munich Airport and took care of me for almost 2 days. They put me up in their classic German home, fed me, took me for a walk, and took me to Oktoberfest (pictured here).
It was a first Oktoberfest for these boys as well. Generally not a family celebration, there were many rides for kids to take advantage of, and they did.
This is the activity most were engaged in. This carosel barely moved, and it was a good thing since most aboard had been drinking ale for hours.

This was the last ride that Luc and Dalton took in. They look happy enough getting on...

But, it proved to be one too many as both eventually lost their cookies.

I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation with the Bradfords, and listening to them converse.

Luc is 9 years old, Dalton is 14, Clair is a Freshman at BYU, and Parker passed away July 2007 as you can see by this memorial bench in the Central Park in Munich.

2 comments:

Seagull Dream said...

Oktober fest already? those crazy Germans.

The Melkman said...

So that's where you've been. Should've known with a name like Melon.