Sunday, May 24, 2009

Melon tours 40 years ago

...During these early years my hero was my brother Linc. He, of course, couldn’t stand to have me tag along or copy his every action. But I couldn’t help it. He was so cool. I was rather short and he was tall. I was blonde with fair skin; he was tall with dark hair and eyes with olive skin. In the summer he would wear nothing but a pair of cut offs. His skin would turn dark brown and his feet turned to moccasins. I tried, but my nose was always in a state of burn and peel and I couldn’t get used to not wearing shoes. My oldest brother Jeff was in another world by now – the world of wide belts, suede boots, Nauru shirts, and other stuff that didn’t seem important to me...


5 comments:

Seagull Dream said...

haha you are so cute.

Lincoln said...

Nate, you always said that when you tanned it was golden and my color was dirt brown. Well, neither of our epidermises is holding a tan now! In the posted picture you seem to be the only one interested in helping mom in the picture taking process...Jeff and I are being "hard guys", cool guys. That is a major belt buckle you are sporting. Linc

Lincoln said...

Also, it seemed like all the clothing I had during that era was a little too shot in the sleeves and high in the pant legs.

Myrle Dalton said...

Seemed to me I had three gorgeous boys that I loved! They also were growing about an inch a week. It seemed the pants length never were right. I'd buy them long so they would last, and within a short time, there they were short again. Wish we had had sunscreen then! You guys hated 'zinc oxide on your noses.' And, of course, my skin shows all the abuse! Luvmom

Ashlie Dalton said...

laura? oh wait... that's linc. wow!