Monday, February 16, 2009

La Mision

In 1976 I headed to Argentina on a mission. While I had my challenges, I can't think of a more rewarding experience. Well, now that I think about it, maybe I can, but not many, for sure.

I pulled out all the old slides and while I scanned them in I revisited my mission tour and found myself wanting. I waxed a little nostalgic and so I threw a few up on the slideshow. I'm certain they would have less meaning for you. So, if you venture there (and I am not encouraging you to do so) don't blame me for wasted time while viewing my old mission slides.

8 comments:

The Daltons said...

Quite possibly the shortest ties that I have ever seen. I LOVE IT!

Ashlie Dalton said...

I usually think Clint looks a lot like you in pictures, but in this picture you just look like your mom a lot.

stern mister serious said...

Those are cool pictures, especially of Wayne. I like the colors from that era, and the way the slide film captures them. And I'm glad to see you spent adequate time on the rooftops during your mission as well.

This slide-scanning project has been a very worthwhile one. I hope more photos emerge.

Melon said...

Yes, the ties are about as short as I've seen too and I don't remember them being especially short (or fat).

The Argentine towns were much like European ones with squares, statues, and rock/brick built, attached buildings with patios on the roofs.

Seagull Dream said...

far less subtle.
whoa-- you are my age.
i think a lot of that 70's fashion is being worn by hipsters today.

The Melkman said...

I can't believe they let you hippies where those suits and ties. You look like a boy Hayley.

Lark said...

A very enjoyable picture show.

Lincoln said...

Nate, I finally got one of the kids (anna) help me set up a blogspot. Now lets see if I can do anything with it. (lincolndalton.blogspot.com)
Is the Lark site lark reasor?