Sunday, November 30, 2008

Simmering











I'm basking in the heat of the sun as it shines through my window. I wouldn't trade this "St. George summer sun spending the winter" for much right now. The scenary is the same as from decades ago, and while I can remember, the memories are like a dream.

Red Cliffs is the same. Cole strolled up the path keeping a close eye on where he stepped, sidestepping each small rock (although not so small to him). Surprisingly, the whole crowd was content to meander along at his pace. A child commands the attention of all the adults even when (and maybe especially when) he is in his own.

The Atkins in Pine Valley provided extremely comfortable food on Thanksgiving. The company was also easy and comfortable -- Kelly, Trevor, Jared provided unaffected conversation. Clint and I took a nice ride through Snow Canyon in the drizzle and low clouds. He got me going on this blog.

Hayley got a haircut. It turned out quite nice, but what would I know about that? Luke, Ashlie, and Cole bring not only Cole to the house, but also the yearning to socialize and party with friends on a Saturday night.

I miss Hannah (and Canyon). The pre-holiday thanksgiving is just a warm up for Christmas when we can do it all again.

2 comments:

stern mister serious said...

Looks good. Goes well with the music. Red Cliffs was definitely a highlight of the trip. It was nice to be in the trademark Southern Utah redderriƩre and greenery with family, especially that one little guy.

Seagull Dream said...

yes. just a warm-up. I am excited as well for the hanyon to join. you look like a regular blogger. happened like that.