Sunday, September 25, 2011

Melon meandering

Work has been just about as intense as I can ever remember it being.  Our new CEO asked in one meeting, "what am I paying you guys for?  I guess it was rhetorical because no one said a thing.  Remember The Del on Coronado Island?  That's where our "C-Suite" is having a strategic planning meeting.

Anyway, lately it has been work all the time and Church work a little of the time.  So, late at night, I have been looking for the perfect motorcycle.  The criteria is always changing since I don't know what I would do with the motorcycle.  But, The KTM LC8 990 or Adventure Bike has come to mind.

This morning in Stake PEC our stake president, a banker by trade, counseled that we should live "below our means," among other things -- wise council.  It made me glad that I didn't buy that $13,000 motorcycle!  What I did do to satisfy that annoying itch was to buy a kit for my KLX450R that will make it barely street legal.  Then I will be able to hop on it and head up American Fork Canyon on the spur of the moment.

After getting completely frustrated with the front brake sensor and the DC power connectors (the instructions were very skimpy and written by someone who knew how to install the kit for some one who knew even more about the installation), I put it to bed thinking I would head to a real mechanic Saturday morning.


I found a mechanic who helped me figure out both problems quickly and didn't even charge!  This was a major motorcycle mood changer.  I'll finish it when I get back from the MRO, the NBAA, and the MARPA.

Hayley's in Ogden waiting for her VISA to Spain.  We talked to her Thursday evening for 5 minutes.  She sounded very good and happy.  We'll check out Barcelona next week to make sure it is safe for her.  I'll try to keep this blog up on some Spain and South of France goings on (in between work).

1 comment:

stern mister serious said...

You should refer your CEO to your mechanic. Sounds like he would appreciate some free work, and he definitely needs a mood changer.