Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yucca Melon

For a year and a half now we have been living in Lehi and I have been working on the yard in Santa Clara when I can get down.  It was weighing on my mind more than on my back lately so I decided to have someone take care of it.  I asked him to trim the dead spines on the Yucca out front -- voila! What a nice looking plant!

When I was out running one evening last week I noticed how big the moon was rising right up American Fork Canyon.  But, I didn't take a picture.  Someone must have stolen my camera and took this shot, Shauna?  Hayley?


Shauna and I watched what was an indie film but has since gotten bigger, "Catfish."  It is named so because of a story that one of the minor characters in the documentary told in the final scene.  Once upon a time when Alaskan fishermen would transport cod to the lower 48 they would arrive (alive) in tanks but the meat would be mushy because they had not been active.  So, someone thought to put catfish in with them for the trip.  This solved the problem.  The character was grateful for the "catfish" in his life -- people who "nip at your heals" and keep everyone else alert and on their toes (otherwise we all would get mushy).  This is a good show, appropriate for our times, and well worth seeing.

3 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

we really liked catfish too.

clint called us about the moon that night. it was huge!

s@d said...

Clint gets the credit for taking the photo with your camera.

Myrle Dalton said...

It is amazing how beautiful plants can be when they are properly pruned. I guess it is the same way with us mortals. Love the moon over the house by Clint, and is "catfish" a movie? I loved the metaphor. Luvmom